Return Policy & Process
Within 30 days, new, unassembled and unused products purchased directly from https://www.fmsmodel.com/ can be returned for Refund or Credit, under the guidelines and exclusions below.
If purchasing from a site other than https://www.fmsmodel.com/, please refer to that site for applicable policies and contact information. Products purchased from a local hobby shop, online retailer, or a third party must be returned to the original place of purchase under the approval of the seller.
Returned merchandise must be in new and unused condition and in its original packaging, complete with all parts, accessories, and materials.
The responsibility of the return fee is under the guidelines and exclusions below.
FMS is not responsible for damage or theft occurring once the package has been delivered.
Return Guidelines and Exclusions
- The Request must be started less than 30 days from the delivered date.
- Returned merchandise must be in new and unused condition and in its original packaging, complete with all parts, accessories, and materials.
- All damage claims must provide photo or video documentation. All defective and/or DOA claims must be validated by Product Support.
- For DOA issues, please contact Product Support to troubleshoot and document.
- For visible packaging damage, please refuse the shipment if possible. See detailed claim steps below.
- For missing parts, please contact us with photo documentation. We will ensure which parts are missing and the missing part(s) are sent from our stock as appropriate.
Defective or DOA Process
- To expedite our ability to resolve customers’ issues, please see the following:
- Email us to send the information about the problem:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject should be: Defective or DOA
- The body of the email please includes the customer name, order number, delivery date, and summary of the issue.
- If the customer did not purchase the item directly from https://www.fmsmodel.com/, please attach an itemized copy of the sales receipt for proof of purchase.
- If the photo or video is needed, please take 360° photos or video clearly and with good lighting.
Troubleshooting and Diagnosis:
- Once we are contacted, one of our product support agents will review your information and photos and will work with you on troubleshooting and diagnosis.
- FMS is not responsible for failures, usage issues, wear and tear, damage, accidents, or injury stemming from abnormal use, modifications, driver/flyer/operator skill level, weather, and/or terrain.
- Issues stemming from driver/flyer/operator skill such as response time, hitting the wrong button, alteration of settings, improper handling, and improper binding and set-up are specifically excluded from our coverage and warranty claims will be rejected.
- FMS does offer parts and repairs for sale and as purchasable services.
- Resolution is decided solely by Product Support in accordance with the warranty and terms for each respective product based on troubleshooting and diagnosis of the issue(s). Due to the breadth of merchandise offered by FMS, there is not a standard compensation policy and each case is handled uniquely.
Our return process has three (3) steps: approval, return shipment, and refund processing.
Prior to returning any items, please contact our Customer Service team for approval, and detailed instructions.
Before returning defective product or DOA products, all customers must contact Product Support for approval of the return.
When packing an order for return, please be sure all the original packing material and instruction papers and/or manuals are included. We will be unable to process the return if parts are missing, or if items are not packed properly to avoid damage to products and their boxes and/or packages.
FMS reserves the right to refuse return on kits with a broken protective seal on the packaging.
We recommended taking photos of the condition and packaging of the items in case damage occurs during shipping.
Returns sent COD will not be accepted.
Refunds will be issued once we receive the item(s) and issue the refund which averages 3 to 5 business days. Seasonal conditions may result in greater than 5 business days to process returns. Credit card issuers may take additional days to apply the funds on their end.
Please notice that FMS reserves the right to suspend or terminate business interactions if customers violate return policies and/or attempt fraudulent returns.